Tuesday 25 September 2018

K IS FOR...KANGAROO

I received a Christening invite for my great niece and wanted to make a nice RSVP - I thought the Kangaroo from the Stampin Up Animal Outing would suit.  As she is a girl Gigi I kept the colours pink - just because!  

I cut out the little Kangaroo and coloured it in an old SU pink called Pretty in Pink and a touch of Early Espresso from the Watercolour Pencils.  I used a Heart framelit as the background and edged it in the Pretty in Pink.  I added a Pearlized Doily behind and used some SU DSP for the background.  I love that spotty paper.

I dotted a few more hearts around - added some Powder Pink ribbon and some non SU pearls to finish off the card.

I then found out that the challenge over at Just Add Ink is to use the letter K!






I'm also adding this into the Stick It Down challenge for their Card Sketch which uses a Heart.


 

6 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the cute kangaroo and great die-cuts
Carol x

KimB said...

This is lovely Fiona! I love how you framed your kangaroo with the heart and doily and aded that scatter of glistening pearls. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jan said...

Such a gorgeous Christening RSVP card, Fiona! I love the subtle colouring of the image and how you’ve paired it with the delicate doily and pretty heart and jewels. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Colleen said...

What an adorable card. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down.

Colleen--DT for SID
http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

Alison said...

Such a sweet card, love the soft colors ! Thanks for playing along with us Stick It Down.

MJ's Kraze said...

Such a lovely card. This makes the perfect baby card. Thanks for playing with us at Stick It Down