Friday 28 September 2018

HIGH TIDE

My card today is for the challenge over at As You See It #185



This was an interesting challenge for me as I don't often go for blue cards - although I love Lemon Lime Twist!  I only have Dapper Denim as a marker pen so I decided to use that for the sentiment.

I've inked up High Tide by Stampin Up and this is the first time I've used this set.  I got my inspiration from Pinterest and tweaked it to suit me and this challenge - I've used a neutral of Crumb Cake - if I could have used more colours I would have added some sky but for this I've left it blank.



I did a lot of tearing on the card using Crumb Cake as a base and then the various inks for the lighthouse and the sea.  There is a  touch of water on the ink for the sea just to blend it in using an aqua painter.

I'm also adding this into a new Challenge I've found on my travels - The House That Stamps Built - their challenge is Anything Goes 



 

3 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

These colours are very nautical, aren't they? I can see why you went for this set. The torn edges do make for a weathered, beachy feel. Thanks for joining us again at As You See It, Fiona.

Heather Cooper said...

This is a very cool way of using High Tide, Fiona! I love the torn edges and especially the way that the stamping extends along them into the background. It's like the Double Time Stamping Technique. Thanks for sharing this with us at As You See It Challenge.

Heather said...

Ooo . . . this is beautiful!! I always have a hard time with color combos, but you nailed this one! Love all the tearing; it really adds to the beachy feel. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built (Welcome, we hope you come back and play again.)