Monday 17 September 2018

AUTUMN DAYS

I love Autumn - it's my favourite time of the year.  I actually quite like the slowing down of the year as the wheel turns towards winter and rest, as it used to be.  In our modern era where everything is available all year round we don't get the chance to rest and recuperate in the winter as our ancestors did.  I love to prepare my larders for the winter at this time of year and it is already bursting with chutneys, jams and spirits ready for the winter ahead.

There are a few challenges around at the moment which are asking for autumn type cards.  I've chosen to use the sketch from TGIF #tgifc177 challenge as the basis for my autumn card.





I've used the tree image from Stampin Up's new Winter Woods set.  I've added dots from SU Warmth and Wonder to represent the leaves turning colour and added them in various SU coloured inks - some retired from years ago Really Rust, Pear Pizzazz, Chocolate Chip, and a touch of Wink of Stella to make them glisten. 

I've used some papers from Kaisercraft's pad called Take Note.  I was going to use a doily behind but the SU pearlized was too shiny so I just used it as a stencil and inked it with SU Early Espresso.  The leaves are from SU Colourful Seasons Thinlet.  The sentiment is from another retired SU set Yay You.  The pearl embellishments are from Prima. 

I'm also adding this into the following challenges:

Make My Monday#80 - Autumn/Fall colours
Time Out Challenge#118 - 
Colour Throwdown #510
Cards In Envy - Feels Like Fall



 

4 comments:

sandie said...

This is beautifully created and I do love how you added the dots on the image. The papers blend so well. Thanks for joining Time Out

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful card and great layout! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!

Anita in France said...

There's a lovely warmth about your rich colour combo and autumnal images, Fiona ... those delicate trees are fabulous with the dots of leafy colour! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Donna Nuce said...

I love your green and purple color combo for your Fall Card. The stencil doily was genius! Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy.