Wednesday, 30 September 2026

ADDICTED TO STAMPS AND MORE #527 - CHRISTMAS



It's time for another Christmas challenge here at ATSM and this week I've chosen to create a tag.  I can never have enough tags at Christmas and I've kept all the ones I've used on family gifts over the years. I grab them off them quick once they've opened their presents and save them! 

I do love Mr Frostie from Tim Holtz and here I've given him a slightly more vintage feel.  I used water colour paper to get the effect I wanted.  I used Distress Ink in Speckled Egg, Weathered Wood and Brushed Corduroy as my colours drying each layer with my heat tool before I added another one.  I then added just a tiny spritz of Broken China to the glass mat before adding it to the tag just to add a touch of brighter blue.

I stamped Mr Frostie in Versafine Nocturne and added some White Picket Fence Distress Crayon to the inside of his body and the tiniest bit of Kitsch Flamingo distress crayon for his cheek.  I added some background stamping from the same set of the music and the snowflakes and added Broken China Distress Spritz to the snowflakes. I used a paint marker pen to add some white splatters over the tag.  Finally I found an old Tim Holtz metal tag which I added some white paint to and fixed to the top with some hand dyed thread. 





No comments: