Tuesday, 1 September 2026

PEARLY SPARKLES - #123 PINK, PEARLS OR SPARKLE


Welcome back to another challenge at Pearly Sparkles.  In honour of our founder Traci we always choose Pink, Pearls or Sparkle for our September challenge as they were her favourites. 

This is a challenge for me too as I don't have many pink things - or so I thought - and then I spotted 3 Distress Inks in Pink and a Versafine Clair Ink in Pink. I used water colour paper and smooshed the three Distress Inks of Spun Sugar, Saltwater Taffy and a touch of Victorian Velvet.  I then added lots of water to get the water marks.

I used my Lavinia stamps for this card.  I stamped the tendrils in Versafine Baby Pink and then clear embossed them. The fairy is called Seren, which means Star in Welsh, and I stamped her and embossed her in black embossing powder.  I added extra sparkle pens for her lamp and her hair.  I coloured her wings in Renaissance Watercolours which give a lovely shimmer. I added some extra Lavinia stamps to help ground her and the sentiment is from an old stamp set.




No comments: