Friday, 4 September 2026

CREATIVE ARTISTE MIXED MEDIA - #130




Welcome back to Creative Artiste Mixed Media where we want to see your projects with at least 3 difference mediums added to make it clearly Mixed Media.

I'm sharing a journal page today - I recently purchased the Dina Wakeley Ledger Journal - normally I use my own but I fancied having a go at creating on something this large.  The pages are a little too yellow for me so my first thing is to cool them down with either paint or gesso.  I love how this page turned out - I never have an idea of what I want when I start any piece - I just seem to go with the flow and hope things will come to me as I go along.

I found these two Paper Doll Images in my Tim Holtz collection and the page started to make sense.  When I found the quote in an old quote book it was meant to be.  Alison Bomber has taught me to try and tell a story in my pages and that's what I tried here. 

I used Tim Holtz stamps from The Professor and some of his tissue collage paper Photographic.  The little strips of paper that say Tea come from my own family copy of a ration book from World War 2.  I photocopied them rather than use the originals.  





No comments: