Welcome back to ATSM and our challenge of die cuts and/or stencils. I've used both here. I don't often use Die Cuts but if I do they are normally by Tim Holtz and his Leaf Fragments are some of my favourites. I'm in full on Autumn mode even though I'm a bit early but I'm looking forward to the cooler days after the hot summer we've had here in Wales and the UK.
I started my tag off with an embossing folder. Something else I haven't used in quite a while - I'm not sure of the make but it gave the 3d effect which was what I wanted. I then added some Embossing Ink over the raised parts and added Crackling Campfire embossing glaze over it. I then used some Distress Ink in Weathered Wood and water coloured over the remaider of the tag. I added various stamping by Tim Holtz.
I cut out some of the leaves from some background papers I had made and added extra Crackling Campfire to match the background. These were also embossed to give the leaves some shine. I then built up my collage using some tickets from Ideaology and some extra stamps from Tim's set The Professor.
I chose these paper dolls as I thought they suited the quote I found of The Chemistry Club. I had earlier created some ephemera from book pages and sellotape which just happened to have the names of four gentlemen so I added that to the bottom.
The ribbon at the top has been hand dyed using indigo plant dye. I only used a small bit as I'm eeking it out!


No comments:
Post a Comment