Monday 29 April 2024

TIM HOLTZ BIRD TAG

I have a new purchase of some Tim Holtz dies Funky Nature and wanted to have a play as soon as I got them.   I hadn't even spotted the lovely feather die when I bought them and this was definitely the one I wanted to use first. 

I used a Tim Holtz tag die for my tag and used some good paper that could cope with the inks I was going to throw at it.  I used some Distress Oxides in Speckled Egg and Crushed Olive with a touch of Salvaged Patina for the background.  I added some Texture Paste through a stencil in Delicate Blue by Cosmic Shimmer.   I used the same colours for the die cuts - adding a touch of Vintage Photo into the mix.

The bird is another of Tim Holt dies and I just added a touch of script stamping to give him a bit more interest.   I added some Tim Holtz Washi fabric tape, some lace and a twig for the bird to stand on.  The sentiments are from Tim Holtz Ideaology.

I'm adding this into the following challenges:

I Spy - something with wings 
NBUS - new dies 
My Time to Craft - Die cuts 
Inspire Create - something new - new dies 



4 comments:

Tammy said...

Gorgeous, Fiona!! Love the vintage feel of your tag! Thanks for sharing at Inspire.Create!

Suzanne said...

That is a beautiful tag! I love the layers and the textures. Thanks for joining us at Inspire.Create.Challenges. Hope to see you again soon.

Pauline C said...

Stunning vintage style tag where all the elements of stamping, stencilling and colouring all come together perfectly . Thanks so much for joining in this month’s “I Spy” challenge theme of “Something with wings”.
Pauline xx

Ellibelle said...

Love how this turned out! Such great details and beautifully created! Thank you so much for playing along with us at I spy with my little eye!