Saturday 6 April 2024

CREATIVE ARTISTE MIXED MEDIA - APRIL

Welcome to another month's challenge at Creative Artiste Mixed Media where our challenges are always Anything Goes as long as you've used at least 3 different types of medium.

I rarely share my journals but I wanted to just show this double page spread this month.  The tissue paper in the top left and bottom right actually came wrapped around a garden gift from a company called A Blackbird Sang and the garden accessory was wrapped in this lovely paper.  It was far too good to throw away and became the inspiration for this page.  

My journal is an old leather bound book hubby bought me years ago and it has handmade papers in it which can be a bit tricky when working on so I always cover the pages with lots of gesso before I begin.  The background colours were made with Sam Poole Botanical Stains in Carrot Top Green and Tea Leaves  from Cosmic Shimmer - I loved the way they turned out. I added some background stamping with some Tracy Evans stamps and two of her birds.  The feathers are from Stampin Up.  I doodled on some flower images and added some strips of Washi tape.  

I'm adding this into the following challenge:







Here's my calendar page also for March - a year long challenge I have set some of my members of my FB group to create our own calendars for 2025.  I'm adding this into the following challenge:

Simon Says - Monday - Spring flowers 
Dream Valley - Spring flowers 
Here is a place to Start - AG with flowers 




10 comments:

Anita said...

Such a lovely celebration of birds and nature, Fiona! The messy layers are so delicious, and I love the wee birds! Hope your internet issues are resolved soon--it is so painful when it happens. xo

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful journal pages! I love all the birds and softness of the design - stunning 😊. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous journal pages with us and for your comments on my blog, in answer to your question - Yes we really enjoy visiting Venice and have been there a number of times. We have found that March is a great time to go; the weather is normally sunny about 16 degrees Celsius, not too much rain either although it's worth packing a waterproof or brolly just in case, and the water levels have receded so no flooding. You'll find that the smells are more potent in Summer when it's hotter, no smells while we were there in March. Also it's a quieter time of year, so there are less tourists around which makes it a more relaxed experience. We love Venice and it's definitely worth visiting. Wishing you a Happy April! Hugs, Jo x

Heather said...

So fun, Fiona - LOVE these pages! You do mixed media SO well - I always love your creations, lol. Such fabulous birds! Glad to see you back online! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

brenda said...

Lovely mixed media pages, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensation challenge.

B x

Linby said...

A beautiful journal layout. Reminds me of the Edwardian Diary. Your calendar is so pretty and a lovely reminder of March whatever the year, thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

Glittertastic said...

These are great - such soft delicate colours and a lovely sentiment. I wish I could do mixed media as well as this - when I try it looks like a toddler did it!
Thank you for sharing your creation in our challenge at Dream Valley.
Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!

Betta said...

I always love mixedmedia and these pages are really interesting!!!
Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Hugz, Bettascrap DT

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I came looking for your page earlier but just couldn't find it on the first Friday of the month, glad I came back to check, what a beauty your journal page is, you definitely need to share more Fiona although I only ever share a tiny selection of mine, what a lovely journal that must be to create in.. Your calendar is wonderful with all those spring greens.
Happy crafting Hugs Tracey xx

Sue Jackson said...

What a fabulous mixed media papercraft. I'm so impressed that you are already working on a journal for 2025. It's going to be fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday! I hope to see you in the gallery for our next challenge. Sue - DT

pinky said...

You did a great job, it's a beautiful page for sure! Thanks for joining us this month over at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky