Monday 19 February 2024

SPRING .... PLEASE

We finally have a dry day here in Wales - so nice to see a bit of sun rather than this constant rain.  After a lovely long walk with the dog up the mountains it was home for a quick bit of crafting time.  I decided to play along with two challenges - Sunday Stamps for their colours and Freshly Made Sketches. 




I couldn't decide whether Sunday Stamps were purples or browns but went with the image of the plums and the wording I spotted Plum Tones.

I used Wild Honey Distress Oxide for the mustard colour and used a stencil for my background.  The bottom colour is Distress Villanous Potion.  I added a tag for the shape and used one of Tracy Evans stamps Tulip from her Elegant Spring Florals set as a perfect Harbinger of Spring.  I coloured the image in with Tim Holtz Watercolours pencils.  I added some washi tape from my stash, some plum ribbon I found at the bottom of the ribbon box and a few water droplets embellishments. 





5 comments:

Pauline C said...

Love the vintage tones of this … a stunning card.
Pauline xx

Amy O said...

I love how you've used a tag with the sketch, and the colors are lovely together. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Your textures and patterns are so great and I love the tulip. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

dj said...

Spring...Please!! I agree!! I am so ready for spring!! You rocked our color challenge over at Sunday Stamps with your beautiful tag card. Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Harbinger of Spring" color palette!!
Deb Horst, DT #SSC329

Heidi Baks said...

What a fun split background! And I love the collage tag focal image -- lovely details! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.