Monday 26 February 2024

Attchoo - oh dear sorry

I have a stinking cold and am feeling very sorry for myself.  I blame hubby as he had it last week - and there was I congratulating us that we had got through the winter without getting anything.  Famous last words! So to try and take my mind off it I thought I'd come into the craft room and see if I had the energy to create anything.  I was inspired by
Inkspirational
and their gorgeous peonies which are my favourite flowers.  

I knew I had a peony flower somewhere and found it in one of Tracy Evans stamp sets Friendship Florals.  She really is my go to designer at the moment.

I started off my card by using some of the lovely Sam Poole Antique Sand Paste in Delicate Blue.  I then added some Tim Holtz Spun Sugar and Speckled Egg and a touch of white paint with a dry brush over the paste.  I stamped the words from the peony stamp in Speckled Egg Archival.   I stamped the whole image in black to get some of those lovely words and then fussy cut out the image of the flower and coloured it with Spun Sugar Distress Crayon.  I added some twine behind and used some pin flair glue to make it stand proud.  The Peony sentiment is from the same set - the other sentiment is from one of Tracy's new sets.  I added a few little dew drops to finish off the flower.  



~I'm also adding this into the following
My time to craft - make your own background 
Festive Friday Challenge - Blue White Pink




3 comments:

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous delicate card - beautiful colours and I love the various background techniques. Hppe you're feeling better from your cold.
Pauline xx

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Fantastic card! Loving the mixed media and vintage feel! That’s right up my alley! I’m a fan of peonies as well, love their scent and full petal bloom. Thank you for playing with the All Occasion theme with the Krafty Chicks Challenge.
Diane - KCC DT

Marlena M. said...

Such a pretty creation! Thank you for joining us at INkspirational~