Thursday 1 June 2023

ONCE UPON A TIME - ENJOY THE JOURNEY


Welcome back to Once Upon a Time Challenge - the monthly challenge where Deanna gives us a child's book cover to inspire us.  Well, I have to admit I was stumped with this one for a long time.  I don't know the book and couldn't get past trying to use some sort of train!  Deanna suggested using the title for inspiration and that made something click in my head so here's my card and I'll explain my thought process for you.

I started with stencil#7 from Aallandcreate because to me the lines looked like train tracks.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide in Vintage Photo to create the tracks.  I then added some Distress Ink in Peeled Paint and Spiced Marmalade for the infill colours to match the book cover.  

My uplifting sentiments came from Visible Image stamp set Just Be Happy and I thought the journey one was perfect for representing the train.  I added some flowers to the side and the butterfly to represent the journey also - both stamps from Creative Expressions.  

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. 





No comments: