Wednesday 7 June 2023

THE MALE ROOM CHALLENGE - SHAKER CARDS






Welcome back to another month's challenge at The Male Room and this month we are all about shaker cards.  I'm not sure if you are like me but I see the words Shaker Card and normally come out in a cold sweat lol!  I just never seem to have the right foam or use enough of it.  So imagine my delight when I found this tip on youtube ages ago to make a shaker card out of recyling the plastic that stamps come in.  It's a win win.

I started my background with a gel press to create the blues and browns of the background and added some stamping from Tracy Evans stamp set Pen and Ink. I used some of Tim Holtz letter dies for my shaker pieces and added a real feather behind for extra interest. 


















3 comments:

MortiCraft said...

Oh I forgot about this style of shaker. It looks awesome Fiona. Really wish I’d done something like this now!! X

Helen said...

Great design Fiona and perfect colours for a masculine card too.

Helen x

Donna Scholz said...

Fiona, I love how your shaker elements are alphabet letters! Such a clever idea go go along with your ink quill and writing theme!! -Donna