Tuesday 1 November 2022

HAND STAMPED SENTIMENTS




We are in Christmas mode, possibly, at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week with this fabulous sketch.  Of course you don't have to do Christmas but I'm all about the season at the moment.  It is my favourite time to craft.  Normally I would have Christmas music playing also but as hubby is now retired and at home all day I think he would go mad if he started hearing Christmas music in November!!

I've been playing with my gel press lately too and using some lovely acrylic paints I have from Myartscape.  I love their choice of colours.  I had these lovely reds which I wanted to use for the background. First I layered my background piece of card with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen then used a Tim Holtz Stencil to add the trees in Bundled Sage.  I added the strips of background paper.  

My Santa is from an old Tim Holtz set and he was coloured in with Tim Holtz Distress Ink and SU Stampin Blends in Light Gray for his beard.  The little stockings are a die I have in my stash so I added some Dazzling Diamonds to them for extra sparkle.  The Believe is a Hot of the Press die and I cut it out of white sparkly paper similar to the middle stocking.  

I added some new Tim Holtz Ideaology droplets to finish off the card.




I'm adding this into the following:

CraftyHazelnut's Christmas and for the H - Ho Ho Ho? lol
Send a smile4kids - Christmas for kids 
Krafty Chicks - Use a Stamp
Tic Tac Toe - Santa, Sparkle, Die Cut 





4 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Love this fun layout and the cool vintage, grungy Christmas image and papers you used! Thank you for joining us at SAS4Kids!

ElizStewart said...

Fiona... so loving your vintage Santa! Very festive! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Tic Tac Toe this week!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card! I love your mixed media Santa design with the strips of inky paper and pretty stockings - fabulous 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Artiste and Happy November! Hugs Jo x

Melanie Hungerford said...

Wonderful vintage Santa card, and I love those three little stockings! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks!