Wednesday 2 November 2022

THE MALE ROOM CHALLENGE - NOVEMBER 2022 - POP UP ELEMENT




Welcome to another challenge at The Male Room - this month we want to see your pop up elements.  This is something I haven't done in a while and had a lot of fun with.  I decided to ink up one of Tim Holtz' birds as I haven't used them in a whilte.

I started off by making the background with my gel press and a stencil.  I used some acrylic inks in various shades of blue, green, yellow and purple. I layered it onto some SU green cardstock and cut out an oval shape in the middle with a stitched framelit.  I used the cut out cardstock as the base for the bird, adding a smaller shape to stamp the sentiment and add the bird.  The bird was coloured with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers and Scattered Straw.  I added some googly eyes just to give him more character.

I've shown the inside of the card to give you an idea of the mechanism to make the pop up.









1 comment:

MortiCraft said...

Very clever pop up especially with the aperture to the card front. X