Saturday 1 October 2022

HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS - OCTOBER WATERCOLOUR CHALLENGE










Welcome back to another month's Watercolour Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  As usual our theme is Anything Goes as long as it's watercoloured.

I used some Tim Holtz Watercolour card stock for my card as I knew I wanted to add a lot of water to my background.  I smooshed the cardstock first with some Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks and then used the brick stencil from Visible Image.

I stamped over this with Versafine Clair Ink in Nocturne using a Tracy Evans stamp and left the flower plain.  I added another of Tracy's stamps in the butterfly and fussy cut this out and coloured it in with the same colour Distress Oxides.  The sentiments are also from Tracy Evans. 




I'm entering this into the following challenges:

The Outlawz Challenge - inspired by the line - The month is Amber, Gold and Brown 
Sunday Stamps - Colour Challenge - brown, orange, black 
Dare 2B Artzy - Favourite Colours - these are my favourite colours as Autumn is my favourite season
Stamping Sensations - All Things Autumn 
We love 2 Create - AG Mixed Media 
The Paper Players - Changing Seasons 
Allsorts - Gardeners Delight - Butterflies are a delight and I would love to see hares in my garden!
Inkspirational - Stencils


16 comments:

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Hi Fiona! I love your Autumn card and especially the luscious mixed media background! You had me at smoosh with Distress Oxides. So many lovely eye catching moments to your card and I can tell Autumn is your favorite season also. Lyn - Teamie xoxo

Dora said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining at stamping sensations

Heather said...

Gorgeous, Fiona! Love that rich and lovely butterfly, and your perfectly color-washed background! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

LeAnne said...

This is really pretty, Fiona! I am still seeing butterflies in my yard (when it's not raining) so it's quite appropriate. Gorgeous fall colors too! Thanks for playing with us at the Players this week with our theme challenge!

Nandini said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the lovely techniques!

brenda said...

Beautifully stamped in the warm Autumnal colours Fiona, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts garden theme and Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping Autumnal challenges.

B x

Linby said...

Beautiful autumnal tones on this pretty card. Thanks so much for taking part in my Allsorts garden theme and at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

Pia S said...

Loving the collage effect and how the autumnal colors have blended together on the background. A beautiful piece of work. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

Jennie Maier said...

Pretty background with fall colors! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players this week!

dj said...

Stunning take on our color challenge!! I love your rustic collage card...beautifully put together!! Thanks for playing along with our FALL VIBES color challenge over at Sunday Stamps...we are so glad you joined the fun!!

dj said...

Stunning take on our color challenge!! I love your rustic collage card...beautifully put together!! Thanks for playing along with our FALL VIBES color challenge over at Sunday Stamps...we are so glad you joined the fun!!

dj said...

Stunning take on our color challenge!! I love your rustic collage card...beautifully put together!! Thanks for playing along with our FALL VIBES color challenge over at Sunday Stamps...we are so glad you joined the fun!!

Mervi said...

Gorgeous autumn colours and lovely stamping, fabulous card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Heidi Baks said...

So many beautiful collage elements blending together. It is a gift to get all the items to work well. Thank you so much for sharing with Sunday Stamps this week.

Claire Broadwater said...

Such a gorgeous collage! Love all the Fall colors and the pretty butterfly! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Helen F said...

I love your gorgeous card Fiona. All those wonderful layers of colour and stamping really makes it a stand out. Have a good day. 😊