Tuesday 22 February 2022

Hand Stamped Sentiments #383





I love this sketch we have for you this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  I love anything with tags on.

I decided to dig out my old friend the Rooster from Home to Roost.  He is one of those sets that will always be with me as it's just such a fabulous bird stamp.  

I used some old SU DSP for the background and just inked up the edges.  I started off by laying some ink down on my tag with Distress Ink in Old Paper.  I then added a leaf stencil from Lavinia Stamps and added some extra textures with an old script stamp from SU.  

The bird was coloured in with SU Marker pens and a touch of Wink of Stella on his feathers.  I stamped the greenery at his feet.  The sentiment has been inked on to a piece of ribbon.  I added some thread around the tag and ribbon at the top. 



I'm adding this into the following challenges:



3 comments:

Heather said...

Eee! I remember this rooster - how handsome he is in your colors! Love all the texture on this awesome tag - so mixed media!

Michelle said...

Such a cute card with Rooster tag! I hope to see more of your creations again soon! Thanks for participating in A Gem of a Craft Challenge! ~Michelle, DT Polkadoodles https://www.instagram.com/thecraftmarketsc/

Cynthia said...

Love this SU set. Great job with the tag and coloring of the rooster!