Saturday 12 February 2022

Art Journal Page - T stands for.....


I was inspired for my Art Journal page today by the challenge at Altered Book Lover by Elizabeth and Blue Beard which said T stands for......  Mine is a double T - T stands for Time to Try as I start on this art journal journey, which I'm loving by the way.  My new passion is trying clusters too and I added one to this page.  

I decided to do this in my clean journal - as opposed to my messy book altering one.  I wanted to use just two inks and Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet is one of my favourite at the moment and I paired it with Speckled Egg.  I used a make up brush to add my inks to the page and then used a Tim Holtz stencil for the clocks.

I have a new stamp set from Woodware Craft collection called Vintage Circles and they are just perfect with their images of clocks and butterflies.  I stamped some direct to the page and others I stamped in black, coloured in and then cut them out.

I added one of my clusters to the bottom of the page.  I stamped my sentiment on to some vintage fabric.  I am trying to include fabrics into my mixed media.  The quote at the top is from Tim Holtz Ideaology and I thought if fit perfectly with my theme.





T also stands for Tea Cake and at the moment I am making a Bara Brith - a Welsh speckled tea bread made from fruit soaked in tea.  Bara Brith literally means speckled bread. 






I'm adding this into the following challenges:

We Love Stamping - Stamping and stencils 



7 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous textured journal page and love the added fabric,the teabread looks delicious
Carol x

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely journal page and we both used tea to flavor our tea cakes for the T post. Happy T Day

Sharon Madson said...

Gorgeous layout. I love fabric and lace in mixed media. The bread both looks and sounds good. I haven’t had breaks yet. :).
That book in back of your bed looks interesting, too. Have a nice weekend. - Sharon- Foxy Stamping

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely journal vintage page full of textures. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping February challenge

brenda said...

A super mixed media piece, thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous vintage styled page.
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

Andree said...

A wonderful collaged page. Lovely colours, textures and details.
Thank you for joining in with our February challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x