Tuesday 19 January 2021

TRY STAMPIN ON TUESDAY - #TSOT490/DOUBLE TROUBLE CHALLENGE




We are teaming up again today at Try Stampin on Tuesday with Double Trouble Challenge which means you get the chance to join in with two challenges in one go if you fulfil the criteria.  Follow our sketch and to be able to join in with Double Trouble add a musical theme to your project.

I started off my card by using a new Tim Holtz stencil I got with the lovely musical notes and I coloured it with Distress Inks Peeled Paint.  I then stencilled over this with a stencil from Sheena which was gifted to me by a crafty friend from my Facebook Group - I used TH Frayed Burlap for the trees.

The bird is made with one of TH's dies.  I cut it out first in cardstock and then used some very old scraps of music paper I have and layered them on top.  The music paper is from my own stash - I play piano and have had some of these papers for over 40 years but they are much older and were all torn but I didn't have the heart to throw them away.  Using them for mixed media has given them a new lease of life.  I used TH distress inks to colour in the bird.  I added a nest from Kaisercraft ephemera.  The little piece of Washi tape I found in my stash and was delighted to see the musical instruments on it!  Just goes to show you don't always know what you have.  I added some linen thread and the sentiment came from Stampin Up Home to Roost which seemed ideal.





 

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh how many ways do I love this? Can we say the bird sings with those colors? And the nest on the script, very clever. Tape and twine add to all the glory.

Donna Scholz said...

Fiona - I always enjoy your creative talents!!! Creating the bird with your saved music sheets is perfect! Thank you for sharing your talents and lovely card with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

Alyson Mayo said...

I agree with Bonnie's comment - there is so much to love about this card in reading all the details. Great ideas with so many of the elements. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Melanie Hungerford said...

I love all the ways you incorporated the music theme, fantastic card!
Melanie

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Striking, loving all the embellishments and stencilling and coloring techniques you used in our music theme... creative and beautiful card. Thanks for sharing your DT card with us at Double Trouble.