Friday 1 January 2021

HAPPY NEW YEAR - SPARKLES CHALLENGE - HOLIDAY TREATS

I would like to start the New Year off by wishing you all a Happy New Year - let's hope 2021 does not prove to be as tough for everyone as 2020 was.

We have some treats for you over at Sparkles Challenge with our theme of Holiday Treats - this nearly had me stumped when I remembered my fab set called Mug Hugs from Sunny Studio. 

 I started off by stamping the mugs and the treats.  I added some retired Stampin Up Stamps Background Grunge for the details on the mugs stamping it in Ranger Archival Ink in Vermillion.  I then used a Tri-Blend pen by Spectrum Noir in Antique Pink blend to colour them in and add shading.  I used SU Grey Granite Stampin Blends for the cream and the marshmallows.  I used a Tri-Blend pen in Muted Brown for the cookies and the same pink and red for the icing - covering them in Glossy Accents to make them shine.  The candy canes were coloured in with Lime Otter watercolour brush pen and Wink of Stella was added over the pens and the cream and marshmallows to give them a shine.  I cut them all out by hand as I don't have the matching dies.... yet! 

For the background I used some Tim Holtz ink in Vintage Photo to distress the edge and used the coffee stain stamp from SU in TH Ground Espresso.  I used SU Chocolate Chip for the easel which is from the retired set Painter's Palette.  I used some embossing powder in white for the sentiment on the black card stock and added some hearts and snowflakes and then used a square die cut to cut this out and add to the easel.  


I'm also adding this in to the following challenges:

Winter Wonderland challenge which is also Sweet Treats 

11 comments:

Tracey T said...

Happy New Year! What a lovely card to start 2021 x

Alyson Mayo said...

What a cute card - I really like the chalkboard in the background. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare and Double Trouble :)

Michelle B. said...

So cute and I love all the little things you've incorporated, the chalkboard effect, coffee stains the visual textures you've created w/stamps and distress inks, very creative! So glad you joined us for our Sweet Treats Challenge at Winter Wonderland!

Melanie Hungerford said...

I really like the colors you used and how you "grunged" up the mugs, super card! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble.

Bonnie said...

Love all the details especially the candy canes. The shimmer was a great idea, too.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Yum...hot chocolate and marshmallows are definitely so warming when you come out of the cold and what a great variety of textures and techniques. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Color Dare.

Cat Nowak said...

Love the coffee rings on the background and the warm hot chocolate looks so inviting. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare.

Melanie R said...

Lovely card, Fiona! Every detail is just right and those cookies look delicious. Thank you for playing along with us at Color My Heart Color Dare and Double Trouble.

Michelle said...

What a cute and heart warming card. Love all your details and how you used our colors. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the coffee stains!
Thank you for sharing with Color My Heart Color Dare!
Susan
Color My Heart Color Dare
Challenges

Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Cute and yummy card :o) Thanks for joining us at MLCCB
Tina dt