Friday 2 August 2024

CREATIVE ARTISTE MIXED MEDIA


Creative Artiste is a monthly challenge blog for everyone who likes to mix their media. So, as long as you like to use various mediums on your creations, we'd love to see you enter the challenge.


Welcome back to our challenge for August at Creative Artiste Mixed Media.  As always it is an Anything Goes challenge but as we are Mixed Media we do ask that you bear in mind our rules as above - and please use at least three different mediums on your project. 

I'm sharing another canvas I've created recently.  I do love making these and have quite a collection now - just now sure what to do with them all!  

My background was created with some touches of distress ink on top of dried gesso and then I added some texture paste through a stencil in white paste.  Once that was dry I stamped an image from Creative Expressions in Versafine Pinecone.  I also added some old book papers.  Some of the background flowers are from Taperlogy and are rub ons - some were put straight on and others were rubbed on to some calico.  

I then stamped a variety of images from Tracy Evans such as the vases, pots, flowers and bird and fussy cut them out.  The larger butterfly is also from Tracy Evans and has some twine behind it.  I've added some clock faces, buttons and the sentiments from Tim Holtz Ideaology to remind myself to Live In The Moment. I even found a little bee embellishment in my stash and included it.  





I'm adding this into the following:

We Love 2 Create - AG Mixed Media 


5 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Indeed another fabulous canvas very much in the style of Vintage which I adore. Love how you have included so many of Tracy's stamp elements they all go so well together.
The gold Bee was a grand find the cherry on this mixed media make.. Stunning Fiona.
Happy crafting Hugs Tracey xx

Anita said...

Fiona, your canvases are so delightful, and I'm happy to see yet another emerge this month. Love all the little details in this piece, and the sepia tones seem just perfect for the imagery. (And I've been wanting to say this for a while--I absolutely adore the little easel that you use to showcase your work! :-) ) Wishing you a wonderful August! Anita xo

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Fiona, and thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'm honored to Guest Design for y'all at Creative Artiste. I am over the moon with your comment stating that Tim Holtz came out with vintage scotch tape. My next stop is to go check it out! The ones I have are from a store called Vintage Street Market. They went out of business several years ago, and I bought ALL she had left remaining in stock when she closed. I'm getting dangerously low (I hoard it a bit...lol) so I'm super excited to be able to get some more. Thanks again for stopping by my blog. I always appreciate it.

And...I also run a challenge blog. I'd LOVE to have you share your art with us there. We have amazing sponsors/prizes and I'd be delighted to have you join us. Here is the link:
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Have a blessed week!
Karen

Polkadoodles said...

GORGEOUS Fiona! Thanks for joining us at the WeLove2Create challenge this month - good luck! x Nikky

valscraftings said...

Congratulations you are the winner of our August Challenge #17 check the Winners Tab on the main block to collect your prize! https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com/2024/08/creative-inspiration-challenges-17.html