Wednesday 6 December 2023

THE MALE ROOM #181 - CHRISTMAS


I'm sure we are all in full on Christmas mode at the moment.  Well done if you have the time to join in with our challenge this month here at The Male Room.  We are all about the cards for the men in your lives which we know can sometimes be a bit tricky.  

My card uses a cleverly designed die cut from Creative Expressions which lifts and layers part of the holly leaves called the Paper Cuts Cut and Lift Collection Holly Berries craft die.  I started with a background I'd made with a gell press and some Tim Holtz Distress paints.  I didn't want a typical holly colour so went with Salvaged Patina, Salty Ocean and a touch of Peeled Paint.  I added a layer of green cardstock behind the die cut.  I added some red Posca Paint for the berries with a touch of white for some snow.  The Winter Wishes die cut is also from Creative Expressions. 



3 comments:

Pauline C said...

That is a stunning die cut and love the colours you have used.
Pauline x

MortiCraft said...

This is a very clever die, I love the raised elements for dimension. X

Helen said...

This is great, Fiona - that die is so clever!

Thanks for another great DT card for The Male Room Challenge.

Helen x