Friday 4 August 2023

CREATIVE ARTISTE MIXED MEDIA - ANYTHING GOES



Welcome back to another month's challenge at Creative Artiste where we celebrate all things Mixed Media. 

I recently took part in a Fodder Challenge which I found via Alison Bomber's Instagram account.  I was new to the whole Fodder School and the challenge was a free sample of what they offer all year round.  Sadly funds won't allow me to join in with the school but the free 11 day challenge was great fun.  Some were not my style but a few were just right up my street and they certainly challenged me to think outside of the box.  My piece here is one of them as I used colours I don't often use.  I'm not normally a brights sort of girl!

My Mixed Tag was inspired by Shay Michelle and I really enjoyed making it.  I used the back of an old pack of paper - you can still see the tag attached which is great for hanging this little piece up in future.  I loved the way she made her tags and told us it doesn't matter if they are not straight, if the cut away angles are not exact - it was like having permission to get things a bit wonky which is something I adore!  The tags had little clusters on them of just bits and pieces from my stash.  



The tags are attached at the top and then when you lift them up there is a space for journalling.  I also decorated the back of them and gave them some quotes from Tim Holtz.   The Creativity sentiment is from Visible Image stamps. The words at the top are from some washi tape from Aallandcreate.







4 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A fabulous find the Fodder school, I love how we can pick and choose with these free taster courses. You very much found your happy place with this fab tag trio, lovely embellishments, I especially like how you lift them to real a personal journal journey page, so creative.
Happy crafty August, Hugs Tracey xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

This Fodder School is new to me and made a really interesting read and your mixed media tag trio is brilliant and a great idea, giving you plenty of space to add your creativity. Michelle x

Ina G said...

What fabulous pieces you have here Fiona. So much to feast your eyes on. I bet it was fun and glad you shared with us for this month challenge. Such creativity and soft beautiful colours.

Anita said...

I just love this, Fiona! The wonkiness, the colors, the bits and bobs, the journaling--they all work so well together. You've definitely made this challenge yours! And thank you for introducing The Fodder School--it appears to be really interesting.