Saturday 1 July 2023

HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS - WATERCOLOUR CHRISTMAS


Happy Early Christmas!  We are celebrating Christmas as an option this month at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.  Well, I am always up for a bit of Christmas crafting.

I decided to go with a tag as I use so many of them at Christmas time on gifts for the family that I need to have a lot ready by the big day.  Some I save and re-use them the following year but shh don't tell the family they never notice.  They are too nice just to throw away.

I love this vintage image of Santa by Tim Holtz and he is now my go-to Santa for Christmas projects.  He came as a small set with some matching stencils called Vintage Holidays.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks to create the background and did some background stamping.  

I coloured in the Santa with Distress Ink re-inkers and a water brush to give a bit more of a stronger look to the colour.  I used a white Posca pen for the white bits on his coat. All the extra details came from Tim Holtz Idealogy Christmas pack from a few years ago.  The gorgeous ribbons are also Tim Holta Idealogy - I just kept adding little details and really had to stop myself and say enough it's done lol! A few white splatters just to lift the colour a little bit and I decided that was it.





I'm adding this into the following challenges:







5 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Fantastic tag, you have such a great mixed media/vintage style that always looks so amazing! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

Alyson Mayo said...

The colouring of the Santa image is terrific! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Fioni, what a great vintage tag you created, love Santa's image and all the embellishments and inking on your tag... beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

pinky said...

I love your Christmas tag Fiona, so much to catch the eye!! Thanks so much for taking time to join in my theme this fortnight at Tag Tuesday.
Hugs
Pinky

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous tag! Love the vintage look! Those white specs finish it off perfectly! Thanks for sharing with us over at the Holly and Ivy Challenge.