Friday 7 July 2023

CREATIVE ARTISTE MIXED MEDIA CHALLENGE JULY 2023 - TIME CANVAS



Welcome back to our challenge Mixed Media lovers - as always we are an Anything Goes challenge at Creative Artiste Mixed Media.  I've chosen to do another 7" x 5" canvas.  I love the size of these canvases but I'm going to have to challenge myself to do some bigger ones soon.

I'm curious - do you plan your projects?  Do you always have an idea in your head exactly what you are going to do before you start because I know I certainly don't.  Does it show? lol! I start and then it just kind of evolves - that's if I'm lucky.  There have been times when I've just had to rip it off and start again.  But this one worked just as I'd hoped.

It didn't really set out to be a time piece as such but that's how it evolved. I added all my base layers with inks and stamps and used Liquitex Acrylic ink in Muted Grey over some Distress Spray Stain in Antique Linen.  The clock images are from a Creative Expressions stamp set which I haven't used in a while and the pen nibs are from Tracy Evants.  I found the little circle fob watch in my stash - I think it's an old Tim Holtz Ideaology one. I stamped a clock face on the inside and then covered it in gold wax and added a little chain.  The sentiments and numbers are from Tracy Evans and the paper doll is Tim Holtz. I added some extra Pebeo wax around the edges. 









3 comments:

Judy McKay said...

Fiona, lovely canvas, lots of gorgeous detail. The layers and colouring are so interesting. Love looking at your work. Have a creative week. Look forward to August's project. Hugs Judy

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A brilliant canvas and you've added so much lovely detail and the background you have created looks great! Michelle x

Ina G said...

Fabulous creative canvas Fiona. So many great elements blending together perfectly.