Friday 5 May 2023

CREATIVE ARTISTE MIXED MEDIA - ANYTHING GOES


Well hello there - today is my birthday.  I'm not telling you how old but the years are creeping up on me.  I had lots of lovely new crafty things to play with which I will be able to use in my Mixed Media makings.


Welcome to another month of Mixed Media loveliness from Creative Artiste Mixed Media.  Another 5" x 7" canvas from me today.  I was inspired by an old video of Tracy Evans which I found on You Tube and I happened to have the stamp set she was using which is called Plant Your Dreams and has this wonderful wonky pear as she calls it.  This was a new technique for me and I just had to have a go.  I'll be doing a lot more of these as it was such fun.

I started by covering my canvas with gesso to prepare it for all I was going to throw at it.  I get these little canvases from The Works here in the UK and they are such a good price and they are fast becoming my favourite thing to make.  

Once the gesso was dry I used an Aallandcreate Stencil called Bloomed Roses and added some Daler Rowney texture paste over it in the bottom left corner.  In the top corners I used an old dot stencil from Tim Holtz and used Cosmic Shimmer Antique Sand Paste by Sam Poole in Moss Blanket.  I adore this colour and these pastes.  I love the muted tones they give.  I added an extra touch to the chipboard no 1 I found in my stash after I had covered it in black ink.

I used some strips of paper I had made from a gel press background to sit the pear on  The pear is then stamped and sculpted with extra Texture Paste.  I'm sure lots of you have done this but this was my first time and I loved doing it. Before it dried I added a chinese coin embellishment from my stash.   I was very patient and left it overnight to dry to ensure it was completely dry and sturdy.   I added some extra inks and colours to the background and some stamping.  Another of the stamps from Tracy's set was the little seal - I stamped it and also cut one out and added Sepia Accents gloss medium to it to make it look more like a seal.  I added some of the words from the set to some calico.  The little tag was made from two sets and I added a Tim Holtz clip.  I also added some bits of Aallandcreate Washi Tape.

My final bit was adding some Pebeo gilding wax in gold.  This was a new thing to me and I had seen Tracy use it - good old Amazon had some in stock.  I added it to my pear, the little seal, the little cip, a touch on the chipboard and some round the edges.  I could have gone to town adding it but decided less is more lol!  





I'm adding this into the following challenges:

We Love Stamping - AG - in the garden 
The Outlawz Challenge - Embellishments - no cards 
As You See It - new to me was the Pebeo gilding wax 
Beyond the Blue - stencil paste 
Tuesday Taggers - Use a stencil - I used two different stencils on the background 
Pearly Sparkles - anything but a card 



21 comments:

Judy McKay said...

What a great assortments of textures, findings and papers in your latest creation. I find all the details interest and some products I have never sourced. Inspiring. Judy

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love all the texture and how the gilding highlights it all. So creatively designed.
Thank you for the inspiration Fiona. Happy May crafting Tracey x

Viv said...

Wonderful piece of Art. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday!

*Vicki* said...

Wow this is such a brilliant design full of texture and beautiful gold details! The texture you've achieved with that pear is amazing! Wonderful work of art! Thanks for the inspiration!

Heather said...

Wow, Fiona, great mix of media here, and lovely tones and colors! Love the touch of gold the wax added - so gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful mixed media canvas! I love how you layered everything so wonderfully together and the textures are amazing 😊. The gold wax is perfect too! I hope you're having a wonderful May and sending you happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous mixed media project love all the texture and wonky pear.Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

Jane Knudsen said...

Great job Fiona! This mixed media is gorgeous and wonderfully lush with all that gold! The perfect use of that wax! Thanks for playing along with As You See It!

brenda said...

Patience is indeed the key but worth the wait for a fabulous finished mixed media creation, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fabulous card Fiona - so much detail, texture and interest, I could look at it for hours! Happy birthday wishes to you and thanks for playing with your new goodies over at As You See It Challenge!

Heather Cooper said...

Wow, Fiona! This is so rich and elegant! I love all the gold and the texture the wax created! The layers are wonderful! Thanks for filling in the blank for us at As You See It Challenges!

Lee said...

What a great design! So much texture and fun! Thanks so much for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

Jan Clothier said...

This is fantastic, Fiona! I'm loving seeing your mixed media work - so interesting and so many lovely techniques and products. Thanks for sharing with us again at As You See It.

ScrappyHorses said...

Fiona, this is gorgeous! I hope you will try to add to Paper á la Mode again at your convenience. I believe the link is working. Sorry for any inconvenience! Katrina

Ina G said...

Stunning and so full of amazing colours and textures Fiona.

ScrappyHorses said...

Yay, it worked! Thanks for your persistence linking up at Paper à la Mode with your beautiful project! ~Katrina

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Fiona just popping back to say ---Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
Carol DT x

Andree said...

A stunning little canvas Fiona. Great techniques with the texture paste, the gold highlights and the stencilled background xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous project, lov all the details and added textures.
Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations.
Avril x

cass said...

Wonderful Mixed Media project. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for Anything Goes but a card challenge.

Hi! I'm Shirley and said...

Wonderful creation! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Paper A La Mode. Shirley, DT.