Monday 13 March 2023

SPRING GREENS

I'm still in the process of decorating and sorting out my craft room.  It is a room hubby and I both use for our respective hobbies - his is fly tying and his desk is even messier than mine!  So we've bought some Ikea units to try and sort out and make things look a bit tidy and given the whole room a makeover.  I therefore have limited space and supplies out at the moment but am missing the crafting!

I love these stamps from Tracy Evans with the wellington boots called The Great Outdoors. I found in my stash a background I had made with a Tim Holtz stencil using Distress Oxide Ink Iced Spruce.  I added the stamps of the boots and then cut them out to layer onto themselves.  The hares are from other Tracy Evans sets Miniatures for the small hares and the ants and Long Eared Mammal for the larger hare.  I used Tim Holtz Distress inks in Crushed Olive and Rustic Wilderness for the additional greens.




I'm adding this into the following challenges:

Allsorts - AG - trio of three - my three hares 
As You See It - Spring clean - actually re-arranging my craft room and finding old backgrounds I've made 
AIChallenge - Green 




13 comments:

brenda said...

How bizarre Fiona, I was working with the very same A&C set this morning, great card and the wellies are perfect for the current weather, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Dena J said...

This is gorgeous, Fiona! I love all the earthy, botanical colors. Thank you so much for sharing your project and trio of hares at Allsorts.

Mrs A. said...

Love this wellie boot stamp. I have a concrete pair outside my backdoor. Hugs Mrs A.

Heather said...

So fun, Fiona - what great finds - ready made backgrounds! Great Spring Cleaning work, for sure! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Renee Matarese said...

This is so pretty! Green is my favorite color! I also love rainboots. I have 4 pair but oddly...no green. Thanks for joining our challenge at Art Impressions.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fab design, lovely background inking and stamping too. Thank you for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge.
Lorraine

Greta said...

Beautifully artistic card! I really need to sort out my craft stuff, but always get sidelined making cards!

Sarah said...

Love this, perfect welly boots for the rainy days we are having here. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week. Sarah DT

Mrs.B said...

A great card and I love the wellington boots.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday. Avril

Anke said...

WOW I love your background, the green colours, the rainboots and the hares, the card is so beautiful.
Hugs
Anke

Deborah Wheeler said...

That's a fab background, Fiona - it definitely deserved to be used! Thanks for joining our spring cleaning at As You See It challenge

Heather Cooper said...

I love your found background, Fiona! I'll be in your situation soon. We're moving and I'll have to fit my craft room into a much smaller space so I'll have to be more efficient! I've already disposed of a lot of old equipment and more has to go! This card gives me an English garden/Peter Rabbit kind of vibe. I really like how you've arranged it all! Good luck with your decorating and thanks for joining us at AYSI challenges.

Jan Clothier said...

That's a great background, Fiona. I'm glad you've given it new life. I like the collage style and the country feel it gives. It works nicely with the sentiment. Thanks for joining us again at As You See It.