Friday 3 March 2023

CREATIVE ARTISTE - NEW DESIGN TEAM MEMBER


I am delighted to have been asked by Andree Crowe of Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog to be one of their new Design Team members.  I love the mixed media element to their challenges and so jumped at the chance.  Here's my first entry as DT member.

I run a Facebook group called Joy of Sets and we have swaps every month. This month's swap was to make a double sided door hanger with the theme of Spring.  I used a heavy back board from a used paper pack for my hanger as it gives it more strength.  I cut out the circle with a scalpel and covered up the rough edges with some circles of paper.

I then added a first layer of white Gesso  to the substrate so that I could add all those layers of papers and paint.  I started off by using a Tim Holtz stencil which is a mosaic style with some Texture Paste and then added some layers of paint with a brayer tool.  I've used a lot of Tracy Evans stamps for the backgrounds as well as the main images as well as some Tim Holtz collage papers, especially the pretty birds.  Lots of layers and textures give the piece more interest - and I've also clear embossed some  of the flowers and butterflies to make them shine a bit.  I added torn off pieces of washi tape here and there also and added some Nuovo drops and embellishments from my stash.




I'm adding this into the following challenges:

Mix It Up - AG 
CRAFT - Not a card
The Outlawz Challenge - my two items over 2 years old are the bee embellishment and the blue clip (20 years old eek) on the first image 
Tuesday Taggers - let's get messy - lots of gesso, texture paste, papers, ink 


11 comments:

Andree said...

A beautiful door hanger Fiona. Lovely vintage artwork, wonderful textures and some great techniques.
Welcome to the Creative Artiste team, it's exciting to have you in the family xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Your lovely Spring door hangers are wonderful, Fiona. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing art and creativity with us at The Four Seasons.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A BIG welcome to the Creative Artiste Team Fiona, it's lovely to have you as a Teamie.
What a beautiful first mixed media door hanger project you share with us this month, your ode to Spring is incredible. Beautiful layers, I would find it hard to choose which side to display as they are both as gorgeous as the other.
Happy creative month ahead Tracey xx

Ina G said...

Wow Fiona you have thrilled us with the beauty of this double sided tag. Full of MM wonder and detail. So much eye candy. Excited to have you share your talent with me (and the team) at Cretive Artiste MM.

Darlene said...

WOW these are just awesome! What a fabulous project idea! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Did you hear the news? We have another new challenge blog we'd love to have you come check out and play along in. It's up and running as of today. It's called Triple B. Fun with Birds, Butterflies & Blooms. Would love to have you pop over! Appreciate your support!

ScrappyHorses said...

Congrats on your new DT assignment; very deserved! Such a beautiful door hanger with the gorgeous images, colors and texture! So happy you shared with us at Twisted Thursday! ~Katrina

Mrs A. said...

I love both sides of your door hanger. So much to admire and look at. I must admit that mixed media is my first love. Hugs Mrs A.

Pia S said...

This has come together beautifully, with lots of gesso, paints and paste, collage papers and stamps. Looks beautiful, lucky is the person to receve this. Thanks for sharing and participating in our challenge at TioT!

Let's Art Journal said...

Welxome to the team and wow, your door hanger designs are amazing! They are so inspirational and I love how you captured nature on them - perfect 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Joan said...

Your door hanger is beautiful, lovely mixed media piece.

Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday challenge

Judy McKay said...

Love your projects Fiona. The layering, finding and colours are just perfect. I am so happy you have joined us at Creative Artist. Hugs Judy DT