Thursday 18 August 2022

COLOR MY HEART COLOR DARE #510 - TIC TAC TOE


Welcome back to another Color Dare Challenge - this week we are offering you a Tic Tac Toe - these are my favourite challenges!   I chose to use the middle row on the vertical and the colours of sage, pine and shortbread - or at least the equivalent of those I could find in my inks.

I started off with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Very Vanilla and used a tim Holtz tree stencil for my background.  I stamped the tree from Visible Image Tree of Life and used Distress Ink in Rustic Wilderness for the leaves. I used Bundled Sage Distress Oxide for the halo around the tree.  The sentiment is also from Visible Image called Brighten The World.





I'm adding this into the following challenges:

Cardz4guyz - use a stencil


8 comments:

MortiCraft said...

Lovely card Fiona and great sentiment! I like how you have added depth with the colours too. X

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What a great idea for a stenciled background of wood and then the stamped image of a tree... so pretty.

Aimee said...

YES YES YES
colo9r outside the lines 😍

Debi said...

Lovely card. I love the treatment on the tree. The lettering is very fun.

Vandra said...

I love your sentiment and your arty work. It could be on the wall as an inspirational quote in an art studio/craft room. Love!!

Michelle said...

Fiona this is a beautiful card! I love the rustic look you created with our colors. Great sentiment, too.

dj said...

Love the sentiment!! Did you do it free hand or is it a stamp?? Girl, if you free handed it let me just say I am impressed!! Thanks for playing along with our "stencil" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

Julie B said...

A great sentiment! The soft stencilled wood effect is perfect behind the tree. Thanks for joining in at Carz4Guyz. :)