Wednesday 31 August 2022

Autumnal card

Over on my Facebook Group The Joy of Sets someone used this old Stampin Up set and I loved it - so was lucky enough to find a copy on ebay and couldn't wait to use it.

I started off my card by using a leaf stencil from my stash and stencilling the vanilla card stock with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Crushed Olive.  I added a panel of the sentiment and repeat stamped it using stamp on stamp off to give it two colours.  I then gently stencilled over it again with the leaf stencil.  I stamped the pear with Versamark and used old SU Embossing Powder in Olive to give it a bit more texture.  I added some washi tape from my stash to the bottom.  I cut another tag for the sentiment and heat embossed that with Stampin Up Dark Brown.

I added some twine and some sparkle to complete the card.  My layout was inspired by the sketch at The Paper Players



I'm also adding this into the following challenges:

Simon Says Monday - make your own background 
TGIF - no white cardstock 


5 comments:

Barb Finnical said...

Fiona, this is such a beautiful card. I used to have this pear stamp from SU! and I loved it too. The words on the background are so so pretty and inspirational too! :)

Heather said...

Gorgeous, Fiona, I loved this set, too! It looks wonderful on all these warm and pretty layers! Such a great design! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Fiona, this set is one of my very first sets I bought from Stampin' Up!, all the images are beautiful and you created a gorgeous card with it.
And, believe it or not, I also own that beautiful sentiment, thank you for sharing with us over at RETRO RUBBER.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria/DT

Christy Lynn said...

Beautiful fall card, Fiona! I think I still have that same stamp set :) Great job on the sketch this week. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Very pretty! Love the stenciled background. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!