Monday 1 August 2022

ONCE UPON A TIME - NEW CHALLENGE BLOG DT MEMBER


I am delighted to say I'm on the Design Team for a brand new challenge blog starting this month - Once Upon a Time.  Each month we will bring you the cover of a well known and much loved Children's book.  Your creations can be ANY kind of craft from something baked to a scrapbook page to a beaded necklace.  Anything goes as long as it can be seen that you have used the book cover, the theme of the book or the layout/colours of the cover on your creation.

Our first book is Dear Zoo - this was a favourite of my own children 30 years ago and is now a firm favourite of my granddaughters!  Where did those years go?
My card was inspired by the book cover's colours and the zoo theme.  I used a stamp from Stamperia called Amazonia which has this gorgeous leopard.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks to colour in the image.  The cut outs representing the crate are from Spellbinders.  The sentiment is from Visible Image.



 
I hope you enjoy playing along with us at our new challenge. 

I'm also adding this into the following challenges:

Critter Crazy - AG with a critter 
Crafty Animals - AG must include animal 
A place to start - AG option book - monthly challenge 
Inspiration Station - Animal Kingdom 
SUYP - Cat 

4 comments:

Fikreta said...

its so great!
Thanks for joining us at theSUYP-cats only challenge,
good luck in the draw and I hope to see you soon.
Fiki

Kathy said...

Hi Fiona, Your card is fantastic. I love the bright border surrounding your image which you have colored beautifully and it really keeps with the theme "book cover" and Zoo while working so well with the other challenges. Thank you for participating at Inspiration Station. I would love to see your work in future challenges!

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Fiona!
Nice project! The image is beautifully colored and presented!

Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Doris Klein said...

What a pretty make! Love the image and the frame!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2