Thursday 18 August 2022

Black and White and a pop of Red!

My card today has been inspired by two challenges:  the sketch from Creative moments and the instructions from the Paper Players :









I used the lovely robin from Tracy Evans set called Robin and Nuthatch and just coloured in his red breast with a red watercolour brush from Lime Otter.  I used an oval die to cut him out.  The black and white paper is some very old DSP from Stampin Up - I knew it would come in handy one day!

I added a strip of red cardstock behind it.  The sentiment is a new one from Visible Image stamps and is just perfect for the card.  I used Versafine Clair in Nocturn for most of the sentiment and a red marker pen for the word Colour. I popped it up on dimensionals and added some tiny red pearls as per the sketch.

I'm also adding this into the following challenge:

Little Red Wagon - Embellishments 


2 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Fiona, I love this! The bird is so pretty and the sentiment is perfect! I love red, black and white combos. So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, Fiona! Love your sweet little bird and that sentiment is wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us this week and playing along with my color challenge over at The Paper Players!