Tuesday 5 April 2022

HAND STAMPED SENTIMENTS SC386





Here's our sketch for you this week from Hand Stamped Sentiments.  I turned mine onto its side elevation to give me more room for the larger circle I wanted to use.  I've just got the new stamp set from Tracy Evans called Friendship Florals with lots of lovely large image stamps and great words too.  I love her stamps which allow me to make these collage style stamps - I love the collage look on stamps or art journals and these stamps make it so easy.

Here I've used the sunflower stamp and added it to a stitched circle frame.  It has been coloured in with Derwent Metallic Watersoluble pencils which gives it quite a vibrant look, sadly missing in the photo.

The smaller circles are some more of the stamps from the set and the sentiment is from two of the word stamps.  I coloured all the circles with a light coating of Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass and used the same ink for the background and went over it with a stencil using Distress Ink in Faded Jeans.  

I added a touch of Tracey Evans Birdsong Washi Tape to the top and bottom of the card. I edged the circles with a Stabilo all pencil in black to add a touch of shading.  There is also some Spectrum Noir sparkle on parts of the card.





I'm adding this into the following challenges:
Sir Stampalot - I love.....
We love 2 create - mixed media AG 
We love stamping - stamp of the moment 


6 comments:

brenda said...

What a delightful card Fiona and love what you have done with Tracy's new stamps. I was sent these to create some samples but health issues got the better of of me and they remain un-inked. Hoping to put that right this week.

Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations April challenge. Why not link it up at We Love Stamping as Well, theme this month is 'stamp of the moment'.

B x

Heather said...

Oh wow, Fiona, LOVE that pretty flower! Your careful hand with coloring is so perfect for this fun design - I love all the distress elements!

HilaryJane said...

Great card, I love that sunflower and the little birds. the vintage type colours are gorgeous too. Thanks for sharing it with us at we love stamping xx

brenda said...

Thank you, good luck.

B x

Mimi said...

Wonderful stamping and fabulous end result with the card, love it :) Thank you for joining us at International Art & Soul this month. Big hugs, Mimi xxxx

Fiona said...

lovely card Fiona.

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Fi
x