Thursday 7 April 2022

Fruit Salad card

I'm calling this my Fruit Salad card because of the colours I ended up using - not my usual palette that's for sure.  Fruit Salad were little hard chewy sweets of my childhood that looked orange and yellow.

I used a few of Tracy Evan's stamp sets for this card - starting with the leaf background from Worded Petals stamp using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide in Fossilised Amber.  I originally stamped and cut out and pasted the flower from Friendship Florals in the same ink but it looked too pale and as it was stuck to my piece of lace I couldn't easily get it off. So I restamped it in Fired Brick and coloured it in with the Fossilised Amber and fussy cut it again, not my strong point, and stuck it over the original!

I added some background stamps from the stem of the flower of Worded Petals, some butterflies from Flutter and some washi tape.  I added some Spectrum Noir sparkle pen in orange as splatters and added a touch of shading with the Stabillo All pencil.



I'm adding this into the following 

Inkspirational - flower photo 
Make the Card Challenge 52 - Shades of yellow 

10 comments:

Rika said...

So beautiful!

sarascloset said...

Yes, this is indeed just dreamy!

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card and pretty spring colours. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Lindsey said...

This is very pretty! Love the background with the bretty flower. Thanks for joining us at Inkspiration!

My name is Erika. said...

This is another beautiful card Fiona. These might not be your usual colors but you used them nicely. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday. hugs-Erika

Darlene said...

Oh Fiona this is absolutely beautiful ... love your overall design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Make The Cards Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
MAKE THE CARDS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Did you know your beautiful creation also fits the ‘yellow’ challenge over on the COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE blog? Just thought I’d mention it incase you’d like to share there as well.

Makira said...

💛 this! I love the inky background! Thank you for sharing with us this month. I look forward to seeing more of your makes in the future. Cheers, Makira

Colorful Options Challenge
https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/
https://mkccreate.home.blog/

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card...xx

Diane said...

So very pretty and creative! Thank you for joining our challenge at Colorful Options!
Diane CO DT {Nellies Nest}
{Colorful Options}

Darlene said...

Me again ... Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Colorful Options!
Darlene
COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS