Tuesday 2 October 2018

TRY STAMPIN ON TUESDAY - TECHNIQUE CHALLENGE - STITCHING

The Technique Challenge over at Try Stampin On Tuesday for the month of October is Stitching.  Sewing needles and sewing machines and I are not best friends so my stitching always either involves stitched framelits or dies and the use of a white gel pen.  I learned this technique from watching Kristine Werner's videos - especially her Christmas card videos.  If you've never seen them I would encourage you to check her out on You Tube.

My card for today therefore includes stitched framelits from Stampin Up and the use of my white gel pen. I've used a retired stamp set called Merry Patterns - I'm a sucker for Reindeer.  I love the way this reindeer stamp has the two images and his little body looks like he's got his Christmas jumper on!



I used the gorgeous Christmas colours of Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler for the cardstock and the colours, adding a touch of Pear Pizazz for an extra green.  The embossing folder is a retired holly folder from SU.  I used Early Espresso ink for the browns.  I added some red glitter dots to his antlers and the ribbon.  The white gel pen I used for the faux stitching is from Signo - I find it's the best.  There was a time when I added faux stitching to all my cards!

I hope you have a go at our Challenge this month - I'm looking forward to seeing all your designs.



 

No comments: