Wednesday 17 October 2018

CLEAN AND SIMPLE CHRISTMAS CANDLES

The challenge over at CAS Colours and Sketches #294 this week is their Colour challenge and I loved this colours together.  I knew straight away what set I wanted to use and it was Stampin Up's retired Merry Patterns and those gorgeous candles.  When I first got this set I wasn't really that fussed on them but as soon as I started using them I fell in love with them.  I thought they would be lovely for this challenge and give an alternative Christmas colour.




I used Very Vanilla for my card and card base and layered it with some Soft Suede cardstock.  The candles were inked with the soft suede and then I used the Berry Burst for some of them.  The others were inked with an old SU colour Regal Rose as I don't have Blushing Bride but I think it's very similar.  I then simply added the sentiment in Soft Suede.




To stop the card being too flat - I re-inked another of the Regal Rose candles and then cut them out and placed them individually on some dimensionals to give the card a bit of depth.

A touch of Wink of Stella on the flames to make them glitter and the card is finished.

I adore these colours together and will be trying out some more cards.


I'm also including this in the challenge for Addicted to Stamps which is asking for a CAS card.



 

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Love this it's so simple yet gorgeous!

Macimbalo said...

Beautiful design and lovely colors!!! Thanks for linking up at ATSM!

Wei said...

Cute Birthday card! I am so glad that you've joined our DT call. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches.

Patricia Hays said...

I like how you've added dimension to your card by popping up some of the candles. Thanks for sharing your artwork with us at CC&S!

karen h said...

Wonderful card, Fiona. I like that you added dimension to some of the candles! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Beverley said...

Beautiful festive card. The cluster of candles is wonderful and great paper piecing too. Thanks for joining in at CC&S and good luck with the DT Call too. Hugs Bev x

Jeanne said...

Cute card and you're right - wonderful alternative to traditional Christmas colors! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

Nandini said...

So beautiful and elegant! Love the muted colours and the gorgeous CAS design. Thank you for joining us at the ATSM Challenges. Looking forward to having you in our gallery again. Nandini, DT