Thursday 25 October 2018

SOMETHING OLD - SOMETHING NEW

My card today mixed something old with something new.  My favourite all time Christmas stamp is this lovely old image of Santa called Santa Collage from Rubber Stampede - I've had it for over 15 years and I'm always looking for new ways of adding him to a Christmas card.



I've combined it here with some of the new papers from Kaisercraft Wonderland set.  I love the colours in these papers - which is unusual for me as I'm normally a traditional red/green girl but the blues are lovely.  I've used some SU Crumb Cake for the base and for the Santa.  He was stamped with Versamark and I used some silver embossing powder.  Rounded the edges and added some Crumb Cake ink to the card and the base to distress it a little.

The papers are from Kaisercraft and I just adore those little reindeers!  I aded a Die Cut of a reindeer in silver paper and tucked it beneath the Santa.  The snowflakes inked in Crumb Cake are from SU Colourful Seasons.  The sentiment is from the Kaisercraft Wonderland pack.  


I love how this card turned out.  I'm going to add it to the following Challenges

Watercooler Wednesday - Holidays 
Cards In Envy - Favourite Holiday Card 
Sparkles Christmas Challenge - For the kid in all of us!





 

8 comments:

Sherry Hickey said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Fiona! Great design and I love the silver and blue combo, as well as that classic Santa. Thanks for sharing with us at Cards In Envy Challenge!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful stamp and looks great silver embossed--OMG I remember when this was the stamp of the season and everyone wanted it!!!
Carol x

Tristan said...

Fiona, love your cooler Christmas colour scheme and layout on this card. Beautiful combination of stamps and dsp. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT

Heidi Weaver said...

I love the blues, whites and silvers, Fiona. So elegant. The combination of embossing, patterned paper and die-cuts really works beautifully. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jane Willis said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love that Santa image, such a classic with a really magical look. Thank you for sharing at Sparkles Christmas.

Helen said...

A beautiful colour combination, Fiona! Makes for a cool, elegant card. Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

Joan said...

Lovely card and love that stamp too

Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas this month

Joan

Created by Kath said...

Beautiful Combination for a wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!