Friday 1 March 2024

CREATIVE ARTISTE MIXED MEDIA - MARCH CHALLENGE



Welcome back to another challenge at Creative Artiste Mixed Media where we welcome any of your projects as long as they have a mixed media element with multiple mediums used on your entry.

I have two projects to share with you this month.  The first is my DT entry for this month - inspired by one of  Tracy Evans You Tube videos I created a mini canvas. I started off by using my gel press and adding some Tim Holtz distress oxide inks in Uncharted Mariner and Candied Apple .I then added some Sam Poole Antique Sand Paste in Delicate Blue.  Some of them were a bit pale for my liking so I went over them with some more Uncharted Mariner. I then used a Tim Holtz stamp for some wording in the background and part of a flower stamp from Tracy Evans set Elegant Stems.   I stamped out one of the flowers from the same set and kept one in the white and the other coloured with Candied Apple. 

I added some layers behind the flower with some printed vellum from Taperlogy and the writing from the stamp where I cut it away.  Nothing gets wasted!  I added a vein leaf from my stash and the butterfly was die cut and inked in Candied Apple.  I found the sentiment in my scrapbook stash so not sure where it came from but I thought it fit the piece.  I layered it onto some orange card stock and then onto a canvas board and edged it with some black Micron pen.  The little hanger from Tim Holtz just finishes it off.

I'm adding this into the following - 

We love to create Mixed Media 
The Outlawz - not a card 



My second offering is the continuation of my year long calendar that some of you may know I am doing along with some of the members of my Facebook group The Joy of Sets.  Here's my February page. I'm adding this into the following:

Allsorts - Spring 
The Outlawz - Not a Card 










15 comments:

Pauline C said...

2 fabulous mixed media pieces Fiona … so much wonderful detail !!
Pauline xx

My name is Erika. said...

These are both amazing Fiona. I love the color (the light rust) of your first piece, and what a fun calendar too. That little bit of texture caught my eye. Thanks for having me as a guest designer this month. And Happy March too. hugs-Erika

Anita said...

Love your mini-canvas, Fiona! So many layers, and so much to enjoy!! The color theme is just lovely, and I like your 'nothing gets wasted' approach.

Your calendar pages are turning out so beautifully, and I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Judy McKay said...

Fiona, love your canvas. The details and layers are wonderful. Perfect sentiment. Have a creative month. Hugs Judy

Andree said...

A fabulous canvas Fiona. The colours and details are wonderful. A gorgeous textured calendar page too xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Such a pretty colourway Fiona, wonderful use of those stamps. The orange boarder really makes your composition pop along with those doodle stitched edge. Fabulous way to display.
Wishing you a crafty March Hugs Tracey x
P.S Glad you shared the Feb calendar page too.. x

brenda said...

Two lovely mixed media pieces,So pretty and a lovely feminine feel, many thanks for joining us at We Love Stamping March challenge.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Beautiful creations here but I'm sorry your entry to Allsorts challenge will not be allowed as this post pre-dates the start of our current challenge.
Lorraine

Chris said...

Fiona, I love both of these beautiful mixed media creations, wonderful designs and fabulous. stamping. Thank you for sharing your lovely calendar page at Stamping Sensations.
Chris
x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what beautiful artworks! I love all the layers and textures that you introduced and the orange really pops against the collage background - perfect 😊. Take care and Happy February ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

Let's Art Journal said...

Of course, I'm a month behind, I meant to say Happy March ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

Ina G said...

Wow Fiona - love them both. Of course the gorgeous canvas just so striking especially the flower from the Elegant Stems is one of my favourites. Must get it out again and play. Looooooove the colours you chose and what a stunning gel background. Always love checking out your playtimes.

Diane said...

Both are beautifully created, your snowdrops are perfect for your February calendar!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Four Seasons Challenge.

Sandra said...

What a gorgeous Mixed Media project!! Love it!! Thanks for joining The Outlawz ATG in a cardfree zone challenge!!