Tuesday 4 April 2023

HAND STAMPED SENTIMENTS - #411




Welcome back to another challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  I love this mood board we got to work with and hope you are inspired also by the images.  I really wanted to use the wheelbarrow but sadly didn't have any wheelbarrow stamps so decided to do the umbrellas instead - after all it is April and we are having lots of rain!

I started off by using a Visible Images stencil which I haven't used for such a long time.  I used my gel press and some acrylic inks to create the background - mixing the colours and then added the stencil.  I took a piece of blank watercolour paper - put it over the gel press lifted it off and hey presto! a great background.  The little tag with the umbrella image is an old stamp again from Clearly Besotted.  Another one I'd forgotten I had - it's amazing what you can find in your stash!  The sentiment is just perfect.  I added some dotted ribbon to the top of the tag and a pale blue brad.





I'm adding this into the following challenges
Little Red Wagon - Spring - April showers 
Double D - April Showers
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Rainbow colours 
Tuesday Taggers - Spring showers 


7 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Lovely card Fiona. I love the umbrella paper. Thanks for sharing.

Doni High said...

Awesome background..love all the great colors. Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenges.

Darlene said...

Just awesome! Love everything about it! That background paper is perfect with your focus tag! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG which is all about butterflies, birds & blooms.

Darlene said...

Me again ... Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG which is all about butterflies, birds & blooms.

My name is Erika. said...

I love the umbrellas. We've had lots of rain this past week so they are definitely very appropriate for spring.And I like how you made your card too. Thanks for sharing with us at TIOT. hugs-Erika

Imke said...

Thanks for joining our "Spring or Fall" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon with this great card, Fiona. Lots of rain in spring here in Germany. We hope to see you back again.

Imke MY CRAFTY PLACE

Meggymay said...

Umbrellas are sure useful in the springtime. Thank you for sharing this great card with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne