Sunday 16 April 2023

AS YOU SEE IT CHALLENGE #296




I'm playing along with the challenge at As You See It which is this sketch.

I started with some background paper from a paper pack called Worn and Weathered by Sam Poole which is a very soft vintage style pink.  I made my two panels by stamping the number stamps from a stamp set also by Sam Poole called Timeless Roses.  I added them to both sides of the paper for 'balance'. 

My main image is also from the same set and is this wonderful pocket watch.  I cut it out with a stitched framelit and fussy cut out the winder at the top.  I covered it in a very light layer of Pebeo gilding wax in gold - this is new to me today and I can't stop using it lol!  

I added the sentiment from another set from Creative Expressions called Missy Mouse - and heat embossed it in gold embossing powder from Stampin Up.






4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Fiona, I love this! Great background stamps, and that pocket watch is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Jan Clothier said...

Fiona, I love this vintage vibe for the sketch! The DSP is lovely and you've chosen and placed all the elements with skill and care. Thanks so much for joining in with us again at As You See It.

Heather Cooper said...

What a great vintage take on the sketch, Fiona! I just love the timepiece in the center and the ledger pages that form the two panels! I love that they are stamped, too! Thanks for getting sketchy with us at As You See It Challenges!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the vintage feel of your card Fiona and that pocket watch makes a magnificent centrepiece. Thanks for playing with us over at As You See It Challenge!