Tuesday 24 January 2023

TRY IT ON TUESDAY - GUEST DESIGNER



I was delighted to be asked to be a Guest Designer at Try It On Tuesday for this week's challenge of Winter Blues.  Personally I'm not feeling the January blues as I've just become a grandma for the second time - my darling daughter had a bouncing baby boy on Wednesday amidst all the snow we had in the UK.  His name is Rowan Luke and completes her family now with her daughter Hazel.  Considering my daughter, like me, was told she would not have any children she has done marvellously.  

Anyway on to my card.  I masked off a space on some cardstock and used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink in Salty Ocean.  I spritzed it with some water to allow some of the white to show through.  I used the Poppy Seedheads stamp from Tracy Evans stamping it in Versafine Clair Medieval Blue.  I edged the card with some blue and layered it on to a white background.  The sentiments are from a Creative Expressions set Missy Mouse - I love that Oh Hi sentiment - I can see a lot of use for that.  I added some silver thread behind the Happy Birthday and popped it up on dimensionals.  A touch of sequins from my stash finished off the card.



Fiona 

5 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Congrats on being a grandma time 2 and this is a beautiful card. And I don’t want to forget and say thanks for being a vies designer for us at TIOT t for this challenge. Hugs Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Many congratulations on the new addition to your family, I'm so pleased that both baby and daughter are doing well 😊. Your card is so beautiful, I love the stamp that you used and the blue background that you created - amazing! Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer over at Try it on Tuesday and for the inspiration. Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs Jo x

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card and wonderful inspiration for the TioT's theme. Thank you for being our Guest Designer this time.
Congratulations on becoming a grandma a wonderful way to begin a new year.
Yvonne

Mrs.B said...

Congratulations on becoming a Grandma to a little boy, a wonderful way to start the New Year.
It's lovely to have you as our GD at Try it on Tuesday and I love the shades of blue on your card.
Avril xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I really love this card. I love the distress background. Great to see you as our Guest Designer.
Congratulations on the birth of your Grandson. Hugs,Chrisx