Monday 6 June 2022

SUNFLOWERS

Nothing quite says summer like a sunflower.  My niece has a birthday soon and she loves sunflowers so this was a must when I saw it in Tracy Evan's set Friendship Florals.

The background was one I had in my stash of backgrounds when I was playing with my gel press.  The colours used are Arteza acrylic paints in golds, reds and purples - I also went over it with a stencil to give that swirly background.  I thought it would look great with the sunflower against it.

I inked the sunflower in Versafine Black in k and used Tim Holtz distress inks to colour it in.  I then fussy cut it out - not my favourite thing to do and I'm not very good at it but it worked out not too bad.  The little pot is another of Tracy Evan's stamps called Containers.  I added some of the stamps from Friendship Florals in the background and cut out a few of the birds to add to the card.  The Happy Birthday is from Clearly Besotted.



I'm adding this into the following challenges:

Make My Monday - Summer 
We Love Stamping - anything stamped 





10 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and background love all the stamps and beautiful sunflowers
Carol x

Pauline C said...

Love this - great focal stamp and I love all the background details
Pauline xx

HilaryJane said...

What a fabulous sunflower and I do love your background. Your fussy cutting looks perfect to me, I always struggle with that too. Thanks for sharing it with us at we love stamping this month xx

meg said...

A beautifully coloured sunflower and fabulous sunny detailed background,thank you for joining in the challenge at MMM

brenda said...

Totally agree about Sunflowers, this is one I'm enjoying using as well, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our June theme at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Judy McKay said...

Stunning sunflower. The colours are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I absolutely love this one . Beautifully rich colours ❤️❤️

Cazro said...

Beautiful, fabulous design enhancing the sunflower. Thanks for joining us at MMM. Caz. DT.

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Thanks for joining us at INTAAS with your lovely sunflower card, perfect for our summer time. Jennie DT.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card thanks for joining at colour crazy
Groetjes Josje