Monday 6 June 2022

JUBILEE WEEKEND

It has been a four day weekend of celebrations here in the UK to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee - 70 years on the throne - such an achievement.  Across the country there were tea parties so this was on my mind for my card today.  I've taken the sketch from Sunday Stamps and the idea of food and drink from The Paper Players.


I used some Ranger Dylusions Ink Spray in Postbox Red for the background and went over it with a stencil to remove some of the colour.  For my background panel I found a blue background I had previously done in my stash and stamped the images from Kaisercraft Tea Party stamps in Versafine Black.  I coloured the roses in Red to represent the Red Rose of England.  

The sentiment comes from Clearly Besotted Warm Solutions.



The Paper Players - Food/Beverage
Sunday Stamps - Sketch 
Taylormadecards4u - Red White and Blue AG 
As You See It - Beverages 
The Card Concept - Red White and Blue 

8 comments:

Pauline C said...

Beautiful jubilee inspired card Fiona xx

Heather said...

So pretty, Fiona - I hope the celebrations can continue! I have been enjoying it vicariously here in Arizona, too - we had Queen's Jubilee Tea yesterday to join in (but no marmalade sandwiches, lol.) This is a sweet tea card - love your layers and colors! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It AND Sunday Stamps!

Kerry Parkinson said...

Such a sweet card and just perfect for your Jubliee celebrations. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

Kim S said...

I so agree with the sentiment - and I love your pretty tea set to go with it! Thank you for playing along with us at The Card Concept!

Jan Clothier said...

Yes, we were celebrating the Jubilee in New Zealand too! Such a magnificent achievement for Her Majesty, doing such a splendid job for such a long time. Your card is a lovely tribute. I grew up in a household that believed a cup of tea solved most things, so I'm with you on that too. Thanks for joining in with us again at As You See It Challenge.

Heather Cooper said...

Fiona, such an appropriate beverage to commemorate the Queen's magnificent accomplishment! We have also been watching the celebrations in Canada and rejoicing along with you! Lovely card and appropriate jubilee colours as well! Thanks for getting into our theme at As You See It Challenges!

Stef Perry said...

It was such a delight to watch the Queen's Jubilee Celebrations and your card is a perfect way to mark the occasion, with tea of course! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Fiona! What a wonderful card and the perfect drink for the Jubilee! I am fascinated by how you did your background and am going to have to try this! Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!