Sunday 26 June 2022

PUSS IN BOOTS


I'm joining in with the challenge over at International Art and Soul which is our Four Legged Friends.  

I've just recently purchased this set from Tracy Evans and really wanted to use the boots again - then in my stash I found an image of this cute little cat someone had stamped for me years ago from my Facebook group The Joy of Sets.  I have no idea what stamp company produced this little cat but I am now on a mission to try and find it.  I knew he would fit perfectly with the boots.

I started off by using my gel press for the background using Tim Holtz Distress Pain in Victorian Velvet with some Speckled Egg spray over the top.

When dry I stamped the image of the boots in Versafine Clair Shady Lane.  I coloured in the boots with Tim Holtz new Distress Oxide in Uncharted Mariner and added some Glossy Accents to the bottom portion.  I added one of Tracy's birds from Nesting Bird set. The sentiment is just perfect or this card and is from another of Tracy Evan's sets called Floral Friendship.

I'm adding this into the following challenges:
International Art & Soul - Four Legged Friends 
Sunday Stamps - On the Side 
Inkspirational - my cats are precious to me 
Alphabet Challenge - F is for Friendship

9 comments:

Heather said...

What a fun image, Fiona - love this mischievous kitty! Great weathered and eclectic design, too - love the sentiment placements! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Deborah Wheeler said...

Love this Fiona - not sure your kitten's intentions are totally friendly though, if my two are anything to go by! 😂 Thanks for joining my 'friendship' theme at the Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT

crafty-stamper said...

Love all the stamps and the wellington boots
Carol x

dj said...

A boot full of cuteness and mischief!! Super cute take on our sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps...so glad you played along with us!!

Fikreta said...

its so lovely card!
Thank you for playing at SUYP challenge!
good luck! hope to see you again!

Mimi said...

Oh Fiona, this is a stunning card, beautiful artwork :) Thank you so much for joining us this fortnight at International Art & Soul. Hugs Mimi xx

Heidi Baks said...

I love any card that starts a gel press. Lovely vintage collage card! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Claire Broadwater said...

What a fun card and great take on my sketch! I love the vintage feel! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Marina said...

Love this fun and arty look - hope the cat doesn't get the bird! Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.