Wednesday 1 June 2022

New Design Team - The Male Room Challenge





I am delighted to be part of the Design Team at The Male Room Challenge.  It will be a challenge for me too to think of 'male' cards - I wonder why we find them so difficult.

Our theme this month is Tag.  I added my tag to my card.  I started off by creating my background with my brayer and a gel press. I used blues and purples for my card and used Arteza acrylic paints.  I used a Shawn Petite stencil of the feathers for the background and added some washi tape to the sides.

For the tag I used a Tim Holtz die cut to create the tag.  I used similar paints for the background.  The feathers are from an old set by Stampin Up called Feather Together.  I added some background stamps from one of Tracy Evans sets and added a real feather in the middle.  I added a brad to the top and some more of the washi tape.  The Happy Birthday was white embossed.




I'm adding this into the following challenges:

Crafty Friends - For a Man 
Creative Inspirations - Masculine 
Paper Funday - Masculine 






7 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Masculine cards are hard for me to create as well, you've done a great job on your card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs.
Donna
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge

MortiCraft said...

I do love a tag on a card!! Fabulous make and I would never think to use feathers for a masculine card so you’ve opened my eyes! Welcome to the team. X

Gina's Cards said...

Fabulous card! Love the background. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

brenda said...

Another great card Fiona, so much depth of colour as well, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations June challenge.

B x

Samantha said...

Love the backgrounds created using the gel press and paint. And the real feather with the stamped images works really well. Thanks for joining the Make The Cards Challenge!

pinky said...

Superb take on our masculine challenge! Love the colours and depth. Thanks for playing along with us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Andree said...

A fabulous tag and card base. Wonderful colour blends and details.
Thank you for joining in with our June challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x