Tuesday 22 January 2019

SUOC CHALLENGE - BIRTHDAYS


Our challenge this week at Stampin Up Only challenge is birthdays.  On my Facebook Group The Joy of Sets we have a birthday group - members add their names and addresses and look forward to gorgeous hand made cards from people they only have 'met' on line and who could be from any  part of the world - our members hail from the UK, US, Australia, New Zealand as well as many other parts of Europe and the rest of the world.  There is nothing more exciting than seeing a card pop through your door.  We also have a general RAK (Random Act of Kindness) group so you could be lucky and receive lots of cards.

So why am I telling you all this -mainly because I send out birthday cards for the group and with postage costs in the UK more expensive if the card has embellishments on it I'm learning ways to make one layer cards for posting.



My card today has used Dandelion Wishes - it's nice to put the Christmas stamps away for a while and rediscover old favourites.  With one layer in mind I masked off part of my white card stock.  I inked it up with Soft Suede and an old SU colour Really Rust using a sponge.  I then added one of the stamps from Timeless Textures - the little dot ones in Soft Suede.  The Dandelions were inked in Rich Razzleberry as well as the sentiment which is from Beautiful You.  Some enamel dots were added to the centre of the dandelions - I don't think these will cause too much problems with the post.  A touch of Wink of Stella on the ends of the dandelions gives the card a bit of sparkle.

I look forward to seeing all your ideas for Birthdays and seeing what sets you have used.  


 

1 comment:

Jane Allmark Crafting With Jane said...

Love all the challenges you do and the Dandelion Wishes is such a lovely card with the coloured embellishment in the centre x