Friday 30 March 2018

WATERCOLOR WINGS

The Challenge over at CAS Colours and sketches is a sketch this week 



Quite a simple layout which you would expect from a CAS challenge but with a wealth of possibilities - my problem with the CAS cards is knowing when to stop.  I know it says lots of space and few embellishments but I thought my card needed just a tiny bit of bling!

I've been doing a few purple cards this week as its Epilepsy Awareness week in the UK and my gorgeous daughter suffers with this hateful condition.  Maybe this was on my mind when I reached out for the purple yet again.



I've used some SU DSP from Delightful Daisy - I'm slowly running out of my DSP and using it all sparingly.  I used the Butterfly framelits to cut out the butterfly out of the DSP and a little butterfly punch I had for the small one.  I'm not sure it shows up on the small one but it also has a layer of vellum on top.  I love the sentiment in this set so have used it here, cutting it out with the stitched framelits - I think this card will be winging its way to my daughter for a "Just Because" card.


Thanks for stopping by my blog - I appreciate you being here and love to read your comments.

 

2 comments:

karen h said...

Pretty card! I like the butterfly in the same pattern as the banner. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Fiona Whitten said...

Bling on any card is a good thing! Love that you have used two types of butterflies. Thank you for taking part in this week's CC&S challenge.