Thursday 29 March 2018

ONE LAYER

I do find one layers very challenging but its nice to stretch yourself sometimes and know when to stop also.   The challenge over at Less is More is exactly that - one layer but also using a stencil.

I've been playing a lot with my new Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil so I've used it again here - stamping it in SU''s Daffodil Delight.  I then used SU's Bookcase Builder to make a matching pair of shelves featuring bottles and a plant in yellow to tie in with the challenge over at Time Out Challenges.  I've used Crushed Curry and Pear Pizzazz for the remaining colours and just kept it to those two colours.  I wanted the dots in the background to look a little like an old stone wall in an old farmhouse.

I had to then walk away so I didn't add anything else - especially a layer!!






 

6 comments:

Sid said...

Great OLC Fiona ! Even though you found it difficult to keep it that way !!

Kathyk said...

Cool and kinda grungey - I LIKE it!

Kathyk

Susan said...

You nailed this one layer card. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Neets B said...

I would never think about using this stencil for a wall but it works brilliantly. Wonderful one layer card.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Shona Chambers said...

Well done with your one-layer!! I love doing them but I totally understand about having to stop yourself from adding more and more. That background stamp adds such texture to the background and your shelves of plants are perfect for your challenge too. So glad you joined us at TIME OUT!

Nonni said...

Well done with your one layer! I love the warm colors and the fun layout you created with the stencil and the stamps. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More and Time Out!