Welcome back to ATSM and our Any Occasion prompt. I've left my card with no sentiment so that I can use it for any occasion when the need arises.
I've used the lovely new rose stamp from Alison Bomber's set AB059 for Paper Artsy. I just love these roses. Having watched one of Alison's videos she was talking about creating white roses with just a touch of colour. I used my Winsor and Newton water colours to create this card - using a very soft grey on the actual rose. I did a light colour wash of light blue around the stamp just to make the rose stand out a bit more and accentuate the whiteness of it. The sentiment is from the same set simply stamped and is a quote by William Shakespeare.
I'm adding this into the following:
Little Red Wagon - Quote
Dream Valley - AG
We love stamping - summer blooms
Inkspirational - Garden
Beautiful Blossoms - AG
Creative Crafters - AG
SCS - Nature



9 comments:
Hi Fiona, yes, I'm in Yorkshire -and yay! we had rain today too. The temp has finally dropped, so here's to hoping no more heatwaves this year :o)
This is beautiful water colouring, for a pretty card xxx
Gorgeous watercolouring on this very pretty rose, it’s a beautiful card x
I like your white roses better than the sample on the stamp packaging, Fiona! Beautiful soft water coloring - so pretty in the white and blue! thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Garden! Julia xx
So very beautiful and elegant!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Simply Clean & Simple.
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Simply Clean & Simple Co-Owner
Beautiful Watercoloring this image, very artsy! Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, and sharing your lovely card with us.
Donna xx
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
A lovely effect keeping the Roses white and the soft inky background of blue, many thanks for joining us ay We Love Stamping challenge.
B x
Thank you for bringing these wonderful roses along to We Love Stamping. Sarah
Lovely flower card and thanks for entering our "Q is for Quote" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon this week. Good luck in the TOP 3 draw.
Imke ~ aMY CRAFTY PLACE
Beautifully done. Your water colouring is so effective and a lovely CAS design. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.
Post a Comment