Friday, 7 August 2026

CREATIVE ARTISTE MIXED MEDIA #129



Welcome back to another challenge at Creative Artiste where we want to see your mixed media projects.  Please remember our rules state you must use at least 3 mediums on your project.  I am sharing a page from a recent book journal I have recently finished.

I used an old book that I had been using as book pages and once I'd used quite a few I decided it was time to use what was left of the book as a journal in its own right.  I recently downloaded some papers from Etsy - my first time trying this method of gathering craft stuff and I was delighted how it worked out. I downloaded Sam Poole's gorgeous bird papers so decided my book was going to be a nod to her papers and I used them through the whole book.  This is just one of the pages and I'm also showing the front and back of the book.  The book has now made its way on to my Etsy shop where you can see the rest of my pages if you are interested.

I started my page by adding white gesso to the book page and you can see a faint trace of the words underneath.  I then added some of the lovely Paper Artsy paint in Seaglass which is a lovely pale blue.  My sort of colours at the moment.  I added some Texture Paste in white through a Tim Holtz Stencil.  I added one of the birds from the papers.  I also added a pocket and added a tag for extra journaling. I finished the page off with various motivational sentiments.  













No comments: